As some of you may or may not know, the biggest Internet Radio Company in the US, Pandora, went public in June. Meaning they are officially a publicly traded company and they answer to the shareholders and bean counters now. How and what they do next is anyone’s guess. But someone or something is going to have to feed that money machine in the future, and how they plan to do that is a mystery at this point.
I also wanted to let you know that 977music.com was started back in 1999 because I felt a need for a music service that played the best of the best music from many different genres. It grew from one channel into what it is today all because of your support. I still hold those close knit-values of playing the best of the best music today, and I personally program and schedule the music for each one of our live streaming channels. It’s my passion and it’s what I love to do. Continue reading A Note from Jeff, Owner of 977music.com »
We’ve been busy making updates and developing new features and are pleased to announce the arrival of our Facebook Application! Add it to your Facebook profile to share your music with your friends!
The 977music.com Facebook Application
Attention Facebook Addicts: now you can share your 977music playlist with your friends.The new 977music.com Facebook Application allows you to add a 977music tab to your Facebook profile page.
So, what does the 977music.com Player Application Let You Do?
Share Your Playlist
You’ve probably already started a playlist on 977music.com – if not, login to start one now! Your playlist can hold up to 1,000 songs – think of it as your own personal radio station – that you can play anytime, in any order with no skip limits! The Facebook App allows you to share this playlist with your friends with a 977music tab on your profile page.
Share 977′s Stations and Artist Playlists
If your friends want more than the 50 hours of music in your playlist, the 977music.com Player app lets them tab over and choose their favorite type of music from 977′s 11 Internet Radio Stations or load any artist’s playlist to enjoy.
Thanks for checking in to see what’s new at 977Music.com. We’ve back this month after making some major updates so grab a set of headphones and tune in to your favorite 977Music radio station and we’ll kick it off.
Request Your Music - Add Your Favorite Songs to 977!
At 977Music, we play all of the greatest hits for your listening enjoyment. However, sometimes we may not have every song from your favorite artist, or perhaps we’re missing new music from an up-and-coming band you heard last week.
To help you find the music you’re looking for, we’ve just launched Request Your Music. Now you can request your favorite songs which aren’t on 977Music and we’ll try to add it to the site for you to enjoy!
Invite A Friend – Share the Fun and Earn 500 Points
It’s more fun with your friends, so let them know you’re listening to great music on 977Music & earn an extra 500 points per referral. Each point gets you closer to great prizes. Let others know where all the good tunes are at, by posting a link to your Twitter, Facebook, Linked In or Google Buzz. Visit our Share the Music Rewards page to learn more and get your links.
Droid Does 977 - Have an Android Phone? Get the App!
Hey Android Fans, we got something good for you. 977Music just released an 977Music player for Android which lets you listen in to your favorite music stations while on the move. Download the 977Music player for Android.
Don’t have an Android? We have 977Music music players for many cellphone brands, including the iPhone / iTouch, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and Palm webOS, which you can download from our Mobile Links page.
The band, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, totally stole the night away from Kings of Leon. Other people on Twitter agree that Kings of Leon were disappointing tonight. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs had a gorgeous set with a lot of beautiful red colored lighting. Their stage presence and energy was much better than Kings of Leon who seemed boring and yesterday. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs seemed to be filled with energy and excitement as they jumped around the stage. Many people were seen walking away from the Kings of Leon stage and towards the show being performed by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Additionally, when even the older folk sitting with their camping gear under the big oak tree on the grassy null facing the Livestrong stage decided it was time to get up and move cross park, well that about sums up the performance by Kings of Leon. They were not impressive and much overrated and had nothing to offer the crowd except for a light show that couldn’t be beat by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
I’m not saying that Kings of Leon aren’t worth seeing, however tonight they didn’t perform. Their music is better heard from an Internet radio station such as 977music.com which doesn’t have any admission or membership fees.
The weather today held out great and we didn’t have to break out our ponchos. It was warm with a slight breeze. The lines for the bathroom were long and the actual facilities were horrendous. If there is one thing that ACL needs to do, they need to take care of the bathrooms especially for the ladies. The food and drink lines weren’t too bad considering the amount of people eating. The prices on both were very reasonable. Unfortunately I ate at Hoffbrau steaks and didn’t enjoy the steak sandwich I ordered. It was literally a cheap piece of meat on a bun with no condiments provided. It was overpriced for what it was. However, overall the food at ACL seemed good. Tomorrow I will sample more of the food being sold such as pizza, skewers, gyros, wraps, smoothies, kettle corn, and tacos.
ACL \'09 Crowd
What a beautiful Friday afternoon at Zilker Park. Matt and Krystle are camped out on top of a grassy null near a big oak tree next to the Dell stage. We are also in view of the main stage, the Livestrong Stage. The venue is looking amazing this year and the grass is holding up better than previous years. Where we are camped out, we can hear music from bands all over the park. On the Livestrong stage, Medeski, Martin & Wood are playing; on the BMI stage Jonell Bosser is playing; the Avett Brothers can be found on the AMD stage. Krystle is anxiously awaiting for Coheed and Cambria to come on at 4:30 at the Livestrong stage. Tonight’s headliner band is Kings of Leon. The food, provided by the many vendors that are cooking out smells amazing. Yummy!
Getting here was another adventure in itself. The parking situation was a little hectic, ok well really hectic. It took Matt and Krystle 2 hours to get parked and then they had to ride a shuttle bus to the park. The shuttle busses run frequently are are very efficient.
If you are in the park and plan on attending any one of the days, stop by our camp and say hi to Matt and Krystle.
1. Must include @reply to @977music and hashtags #977music and #acl. Must also follow @977music and remain following until at least October 15, 2009. Contest ends October 15, 2009 at midnight Central Time (Austin, TX time zone). Official rules posted on this page at this url http://www.977music.com/blog/2009/09/twitter-contest-rules/ Any entries which redirect to any other site or url are ineligible. Contest begins Tuesday September, 29, 2009 at 9:30 pm cdt
2. If you are not following @977music as of October 15 then you are ineligible for prize.
3. To be eligible to win, you must tweet and include the following: “@977music” and use hashtags “#acl” and “#977music”. You can also include the fact that an iPod Touch is being given away, and use phrase “Pls RT” and url for rules.
4. ipod Touch16 GB given away by 977music.com to random winner selected solely by 977music.com. There will only be one winner. Winner based on random number generator. All winner decisions final. And judged bye Law Office of David Gottfried, P.C., Austin, Texas
5. Must include hashtags #977music and #acl and @977music.com in each eligible entry. You will not threaten us in any way nor any other player.
6. Must have U.S. mailing address to mail iPod Touch to, and be willing to divulge winning address via DM to @977musics Upon request, be willing to mail driver’s license or other government proof of age/id to address specified by 977music.com. Repeating 977music.com address renders you ineligible for any prize. Cooperate in the process and you can stay.
7. Each entry counts one time, but feel free to enter as many times as you want as long and you follow the rules and RT and @reply to @977music.com and use hashtags #977music and #acl
8. Winner announced randomly October 19, 2009 from all eligible entries.
9. No purchase necessary. Employees, former employees, independent contractors of 977music.com , and their families, ineligible to win.
10. You must be at least 18 years of age to win and have proof of age and valid state or federal issued ID and SSN that you will fax to 977music.com immediately upon request for age verification purposes. No entries from minors accepted. Must be a real person with a real U.S. address. Must be able to verify by ID faxed to US number. If there is any question on the part of 977music.com , we reserve right to disqualify. 11. While these rules are firm, we reserve the right to modify rules as necessary. Specifically, if entrants get unruly, “in your face”, or start causing other problems with the other entries, or cause discord between entrants.
12. Automated tweets, any tweets not originating from a physical human being, or any tweets that are a violation of Twitter’s terms of service are ineligible. Any violation of any law renders entry ineligible. Tweets not physically entered by a human being manually are ineligible. Tweets violating the spirit of these rules are ineligible and eligibility of any give tweet will be at our sole discretion.